Friday, September 28, 2012

YOU CAN CELEBRATE ANYTHING YOU WANT

CELEBRATION    12X16   oil on linen panel
It was overcast today, and threatening rain, so I decided to stay in the studio.  I pulled out an old study and re-invented the color scheme to suit my mood.  Guess I'm ready for fall!

Sometimes painting just feels like celebrating.  I know I'm going to have to buckle down to my studies again, but today I just had that feeling like sneaking off to go fishing. You know what I mean?  Just taking some time and doing whatever you want.

Imagination released to create is a wonderful thing.  I turned my stereo on to some easy be-bop jazz, and started mixing colors. All kinds of nice things were happening, and four and a half hours later I felt like I had caught a five pound bass.  As John Lennon once sang, "you can celebrate anything you want."


No comments:

Post a Comment