Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MOVING INTO THE NEW YEAR

NEW YEAR    11x14   oil on linen panel
2012 was a good year, with some wonderful surprises.  I was honored to win Best In Show for the Outdoor Painters Society Associates Showcase.  I won an honorable mention in the Plein Air Southwest Salon.  I was awarded first and second place in the Columbus Texas Paint Out, and second place at the Marble Falls, Paint the Town competition.  I enjoyed making many new painting friends this past year, and attending several very good painting workshops with favorite painters.

  It's been a good a holiday, and now it's time to get on with plans for the new year.  My own goals and plans are not especially long term.  I tend to wind up not following through on those, for whatever reasons.  The things I've set in front of myself to accomplish mostly target my painting.  Painting more regularly, outside and inside.  Entering certain shows and competitions, adding certain galleries, and getting better about letting others know what I'm doing.  My mom used to say, "It's a poor dog that won't wag his own tail".  I'm looking forward to another good year, and I hope yours will be happy and prosperous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment