Tuesday, June 17, 2014

CYCLES


After the last four months of preparing thirty paintings for my first solo exhibit, traveling to paintouts  and competitions, and holding a workshop, everything came to a welcome pause.  I could feel myself getting stronger as I planned and worked toward my goals.  Now, in the quiet of my studio, I realize the cycle begins again, and I'm wondering what's next? Where do I want to go with this now?

In most ways nothing has changed.  I want to paint better!  I've learned some things, and they're pointing the direction for me.  One thing leads to the next.  Design, color and paint handling are at the top of my list for exploration.  There are events coming up this fall that I need to prepare myself for, places I'll be going, things to do that I haven't done before.  Let the wheel turn!

HAMILTON POOL

©Jimmy Longacre 2014
12x16 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings

MY WEBSITE
MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel

GALLERY LINKS
River's Edge Gallery Kerrville TX
Mustang Island Art Gllery TX
Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

No comments:

Post a Comment