Thursday, August 7, 2014

PRACTICING SMALL PAYS OFF BIG

Painting small with a lot of paint keeps me from getting distracted with unnecessary details.  I try to stay focused on shape relationships, the value pattern, edges and color.  It's good training for engraining the most important skills for outdoor or indoor paintng.

TAKE ME HOME
©Jimmy Longacre 2014
10x8 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings

MY WEBSITE
MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel

GALLERY LINKS
River's Edge Gallery Kerrville TX
Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX
Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

2 comments:

  1. Jimmy I just love , love your work ,your brushstrokes , your use of odour , the unexpected highlight of bright colour that is always somewhere ! do you have any dvds or books ? kind regards Karin ( South Africa )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, very much, Karin. I am currently working on developing selected topics from my workshops into ebook format (Color, Notan, Value Plans…) so that they can be easily downloaded from my blog and website. I can't say, yet, when they will be ready, because I'm having to work around my schedule for workshops, paintouts and shows. If you'd like to send me your email address, I'll be sure to notify you when they are available. (jimmy@LongacreArt.com)

    ReplyDelete